Glenglassaugh Distillery was founded by local entrepreneur James Moir, his two nephews Alexander and William Morrisons and Thomas Wilson, a local coppersmith.
The distillery was bought by the Highland Distilleries Company
Glenglassaugh distillery was mothballed following a downturn in the whisky industry
Malting at Glenglassaugh continued till 1922
Building of new distillery commenced
Glenglassaugh distillery re-opened and production started once again
Highland Distilleries Company decided to close the distillery. The final production run was in November 1986 and the last cask was filled on 3rd December 1986.
In March 2013 the BenRiach Distillery Company acquired Glenglassaugh Distillery.